That's correct. My children love visiting a local restaurant that offers this as a dessert choice.
I thought we'd try it out at home. The kids enjoyed creating and eating them so I'm going to share it with you. It's something fun to do with the kids on a rainy day or weekend.
All you need to get started is:
- Chocolate pudding mix
- Oreo type cookies (with filling scrapped out)
- Gummy worms
- Eager children to assist
Ready to begin:
- Prep cookies by removing filling and put them into a plastic zip bag. Use a rolling pin or cup on it's side to crush the cookies into dirt-like crumbs.
- Layer bottom of individual serving containers with about 4 tablespoons of crumbs
- Arrange 3-4 "worms" upright with tops hanging over side of container (you will want them to protrude out of the "dirt" a bit)
- Prepare pudding according to directions on package
- Pour pudding into each container until worms are at least halfway covered
- Store in refrigerator until pudding cools
- When cooled add more "dirt" as the top layer of the dessert with the tops of the "worms" just peeking through.
- Serve and enjoy.
Hope you enjoyed this, we did.