"Bloom where your planted!"
This phrase has developed new meaning for me recently. It makes sense. Maybe it's age, experience or just a different understanding of the term.
I've decided I need to bloom where I'm planted and stop looking for a change to make things better. It's not a huge life changing move or decision that will get me what I want. It is little steps, a slow but forward moving process.
Yes, I'd love to be going to school full time right now. That, among a million other things, is something I'd like to do right now. I guess, at 35, I'm what you call a late bloomer as far as goals and education. Yet, I'm certain there is still plenty of "bloom" left here and I intend to make the most of it.
However, there is a little thing called responsibility along with priorities that I need to keep in mind. I have two beautiful children that need my nurturing and guidance and they come first. I can manage to take little steps. Maybe not college full time but I can certainly take a course or two to feed my mind and spirit.
The main thing is not allowing myself to be overwhelmed by choices and all that I want to accomplish. Woman in general seem to want to do it all, and without any help (At least the ones I know, and you know who you are!). The thing is, we cannot do everything at once and we do need help. We need to accept it, ask for it and possibly even hire it if necessary.
I'm going to share my plan for "Blooming" in 2011 but I certainly believe that the best move is to learn from someone who has the knowledge you are seeking, find a mentor, Google, Read Blogs, Etsy forums- all are great resources.
So here goes:
- Get my business in order. Accounting, taxes, spreadsheets. Create daily To Do lists along with long term goals. Reach out, new shows, blog regularly (share what I learn with others) and schedule time to actually create without distraction. (My website Kilarohner.com)
- Be an awesome Mom! How? Well, do my best. Love, nurture and listen to my children. Spend time with them without other distractions.
- Generate some sort of income with my Jewelry Business or another form of employment.
- Learn, educate myself to feed my mind in one way or another.
- Make time to care for my physical needs- health, fitness.
- Enjoy all of the little wonderful blessings I experience daily.
And that's enough for now. Blooming slowly but surely!
Now it's your time to share. How will you "Bloom where your planted" in 2011?